Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Judy Blume's "Smart Women"

I remember reading Judy Blume books as a kid, and thinking they were funny. So, I found this book at a sale, and bought it. I read it today...it's crap. It's the story of 3 women who are divorced and their kids, and how "smart women" deal after a divorce. One has a break down, one has the other's ex husband move in with her, and I hate this couple the least in the book, and the third tries to get back together with her ex, with her coming to the conclusion he needs a job or hobby to help him grow up and the young age of 40. The kids are all in the teenage age range, and they have to handle their parents relationships and ups and downs... this book is depressing, stupid, and I feel like I wasted an afternoon of my life reading it. Judy Blume, please go back to writing funny books for kids and young adults, and quit writing depressing tripe.

No comments:

Post a Comment